We’re committed to providing quality healthcare to everyone in the community who needs it. This includes offering full financial assistance or services at discounted prices to eligible people who cannot afford to pay for part or all of their care. Payment plans are also available.
Are You Eligible?
- Full financial assistance (no charge) is available to people whose income and monetary assets are at or below 400% of the federal poverty level ($104,800 for a family of four in 2020).
- Discounts are on a sliding scale based on family size and income level.
- Partial financial assistance (discounted charge) is available to people whose income is in the range of 401% to 600% of the federal poverty level ($117,900 to $157,200 for a family of four in 2020).
Questions? Call Patient Financial Services at 866-803-1777.
Eligibility for financial help is determined without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or educational background.
Financial Assistance Information
Financial Assistance Information
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,480 for each additional person.
The 2020 poverty guidelines are in effect as of January 15, 2020 and are applicable for the 48 contiguous states.
How to Apply
1. Download and print the Financial Assistance instructions and application.
Select your language:
Forms are also available at our registration and admission desks.
2. Submit your application.
Cedars-Sinai Financial Assistance Processing Unit
1801 W. Olympic Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91199-1688
Cedars-Sinai Patient Financial Advocates Office
South Tower, Room 1740
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
View the Summary of Financial Assistance Policy and Other Programs:
Patient Financial Services
Reviewing your Financial Assistance Application can take up to 30 days.
- A customer service representative checks your application to make sure it’s filled out completely.
- If your application is complete, you’ll receive a letter 1 week to confirm processing.
- If your application is incomplete, you’ll receive a letter explaining the information needed to process your application.
- You’ll receive a letter notifying you whether the application was approved or declined.
If you haven’t received any status notifications, you can contact Patient Financial Services at 866-803-1777.
The assistance policy applies only to services provided by Cedars-Sinai. These services include:
- Those provided at Cedars-Sinai by emergency department physicians of Community Urgent Care Medical Group Inc.
- Those provided by Cedars-Sinai faculty physicians in their capacity as faculty or physicians employed by Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation
- Those provided by medical groups that have an exclusive professional services agreement with Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation
- Medical center facility services
- Medically necessary services such as imaging
Only medically necessary procedures are eligible for approval.
Financial assistance for elective procedures and for follow-up care is limited to patients who live in the Cedars-Sinai service area or as otherwise approved by an officer of Cedars-Sinai.
View the full Cedars-Sinai Financial Assistance Policy:
Not all doctors who practice at Cedars-Sinai take part in our Financial Assistance Policy. To see if your doctor is included, review the Financial Assistance Provider Listing of participating and nonparticipating doctors. This list is updated quarterly.
If your doctor has a "yes" in the first column, he or she is included. If your doctor has a "no" in the first column, be sure to ask if he or she has private financial assistance policy.
It is possible that your doctor is covered by our policy as part of a group (such as faculty physicians) but that his or her private practice is not. Whether or not your doctor is listed as covered by the policy, it is a good idea to check with your doctor’s office directly to ensure you get the most recent, accurate information.
Other Assistance Programs
Cedars-Sinai takes part in a number of government aid programs that are not part of the Cedars-Sinai Financial Assistance Policy:
- California Victims of Crime Compensation Program
- California Health Benefit Exchange (Covered California)
You may also be eligible for subsidized coverage through the California Health Benefit Exchange (Covered California).
Cedars-Sinai offers cash discounts and package pricing for certain services. In most cases, cash packages cover the hospital and anesthesiologist fees for outpatient procedures not covered by insurance, and for uninsured patients. Cash packages must be paid before you receive services, and claim forms are not provided. Call Cash and Insurance Pricing Line at 310-423-4890 for more information.
If you have questions about financial assistance, we’re here to help.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Understanding Your Bill
View a sample hospital bill with an explanation of its contents and get tips to figure out your charges.
Get definitions to terms, abbreviations and acronyms related to billing, insurance and financial assistance.