Preparing for Your Surgery
Cedars-Sinai has adopted rigorous safety protocols to keep our patients and employees safe. When you visit Cedars-Sinai for your surgery, please keep in mind the following:
Patients must be tested for COVID-19 within 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Once you are scheduled for surgery, Cedars-Sinai's Anesthesia Pre-Procedure Evaluation Center will schedule a test at our drive-through testing site on campus.
- Tests outside of Cedars-Sinai are acceptable if taken within 48 hours before surgery, results are negative and a hard copy of results is provided.
Visitation is limited.
- For surgeries in our outpatient clinics, one visitor is allowed before, during and after surgery, and will be assigned to a designated waiting room.
- For patients who will be staying in the hospital following surgery, one unique visitor is allowed in surgical units between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Patients may designate the same or a different visitor each day. Exceptions to the visitor policy and time limits may be made with compassionate care needs or developmental or cognitive impairments.
- Visitors should not visit patients if they have a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose or sneezing, chills, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, diarrhea, recent loss of taste or smell, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Visitors are not allowed for patients with or suspected of having COVID-19, unless a clinical team has determined the patient is considered end-of-life.
All visitors and patients will be screened and required to wear masks.
Visitors are not allowed in the pre-op or PACU areas, and visitors will be asked to wait in the waiting room or lobby. We have limited space in our waiting areas in order to allow for physical distancing. Our team can provide families and visitors with updates via text or phone call. Use of iPads is available for FaceTime conversations.
Limited retail service offerings are available.
For beverages and snacks, you can visit:
- Starbucks on the Plaza Level of the South Tower from 4 a.m.–10 p.m., Monday–Friday, and 6 a.m.–2 p.m., weekends
- Ray Charles Cafeteria, open daily on the Street Level of the South Tower, for takeout food (no dine-in) from 6 a.m. to midnight each day
In many cases, we are offering post-op appointments via telehealth.
Your doctor may use phone and video appointments to follow up with you after surgery, if medically appropriate. Please speak with your doctor about your willingness and capability to connect in this way.
We are open
It's important to not delay your healthcare.
Many of our physician's offices are open. You can contact us like you would during any other time so we can help determine your next steps for care. We also are available by: