Visiting a Patient
We realize that spending time with your loved one is important to the healing process. As a member of the family — in our eyes, that's any person who plays a significant role in our patient's life — your emotional support is not only welcomed, it's deeply encouraged.
However, if you have a cold or respiratory infection, we ask that you postpone your visit, for the safety of your loved one and the rest of our patients. If you're unable to be there in person for your loved one, you may also call, write or send packages to them.
We continue to update our visitor policy based on the global pandemic. The safety of our patients, staff and visitors remain our top priority. Before coming to Cedars-Sinai, please read our current visitor policy here, which includes visiting hours. Additional general visitation guidelines to consider are below:
- Visitors must be 12 or older, except in the following units, where visitors must be 18 or older:
- Adult Intensive Care Units (ICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- 4 South nursing unit
- 6 North nursing unit
- Requests to visit patients in compassionate-care situations must be approved by the nursing director or administrator on duty.
- Siblings of patients of all ages are allowed to visit our Pediatrics units — including Pediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care units — as long as they do not exhibit symptoms of a cold or other contagious illness.
- Siblings and visitors to our maternity unit must be 12 or older.
Please explore the guidelines for specific departments for additional details.
Contacting a Patient
General Influenza Precautions
Help us prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses like influenza:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand cleaners.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Main Campus WiFi Access
- Choose the "csguest" network in your device’s wireless settings.
- A "guest" login window will appear.
- Select "log on as guest" — no password required.
Please note: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the medical center campus, including sidewalks, parking structures and inside vehicles, whether parked or driving through campus.