Support for Colon Cancer Patients
The Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program offers funding to help patients get through the rigors of treatment.
- Financial assistance, to eligible individuals to receive clinical care and support services at partial cost (subsidized) or no cost (sponsored)
- Enterostomal therapy services support, to provide nurses specifically trained in the care of patients with colorectal problems
- Dietary and clinical nutrition services support, to make available professional guidance on eating properly during and after treatment
- Support for social work and case management services, to help iron out financial, emotional and family life challenges
- Financial grants, to cover the cost of at-home care, childcare, transportation to and from appointments and other assistance
A future goal of the program is to establish a schedule of affordable and accessible colon cancer screenings for the benefit of the community.