Types of Head and Neck Cancer We Treat
Head and neck cancer experts at Cedars-Sinai offer hope for healing for any diagnosis. We treat all forms of the disease, including rare and complex types of mouth cancer and throat cancer.
Conditions we treat include:
Oral cancer (mouth cancer) affects any part of your mouth, including the lips, roof of the mouth and tongue.
Types of oral cancer we treat include:
Cancers affecting the skin include:
Thyroid Cancer and Parathyroid Tumors
Your thyroid gland makes chemical messengers (hormones) that help regulate your heartbeat and digestive system. The parathyroid is a nearby group of glands that control calcium levels in your blood.
Abnormal thyroid and parathyroid growths we treat include:
Other Types of Head and Neck Cancer
Our team also treats the following types of cancers:
- Acoustic neuroma, a slow-growing tumor affecting the nerves in your inner ear
- Ear and temporal bone cancer, in your ear and the area of the skull above the ear
- Hypopharyngeal cancer, in the part of your throat behind your larynx
- Laryngeal cancer, cancerous tissue in your voice box (larynx)
- Nasopharyngeal cancer, in the portion of your throat behind your nose
- Nasal cavity and sinus cancer, in your nose and hollow tissue pockets near your nose (sinuses)
- Orbital cancer, tumors that form in the sockets of the skull near the eyes
- Skull base tumors, abnormal growths in the bone tissue of the skull