How We Treat Blood Disorders and Blood Cancers
Our team of specialists works together to improve your symptoms and quality of life. Using the latest blood cancer treatments, including CAR T-cell therapy, we strive to provide the great outcomes people deserve.
Our Approach to Blood Cancer Treatment
Our blood cancer specialists all see patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. By combining their expertise and experience, they can provide the best care possible—starting at your first appointment. Other highlights of our blood disorder care include:
Our Team-Based Hematology Oncology Care
Our expert team works together to give you the advanced care and attention you deserve. Along with blood cancer specialists, we have a team of healthcare professionals devoted to your health and wellbeing. Each member plays an important role in helping you heal and thrive.
- Transplant coordinators
- Specially trained nurse practitioners (NPs)
- Social workers
- Occupational and physical therapists
Our Blood Disorder and Blood Cancer Treatments
Your care team makes sure you have a clear understanding of each part of your treatment. Treatments include:
- Medications treat the disease and help manage your symptoms.
- Blood transfusions increase or maintain your blood supply when disease or treatment prevents your body from making enough blood. We also offer bloodless transplants for patients who are Jehovah's Witnesses.
- Immunotherapy uses your immune system to kill cancer. Learn about immunotherapy.
- Chemotherapy and other drug therapies use drugs or chemicals to destroy or damage cancer cells. Learn more about chemotherapy.
- Radiation therapy uses radiation to damage cancer cells. Read more about radiation therapy.
- Autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplants rid the body of cancerous cells and replace them with healthy ones. Find out about bone marrow transplants.
- Supportive care medicine focuses on symptoms and quality of life improvement. Read about supportive care medicine.