How We Treat Blood Disorders and Blood Cancers
Our team of specialists works together to improve your symptoms and quality of life. Using the latest blood cancer treatments, including CAR T-cell therapy, we are providing the great outcomes people deserve.
Our Approach to Blood Cancer Treatment
Our blood cancer specialists all see patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. By combining their expertise and experience, they can provide the best care possible—starting at your first appointment. Other highlights of our blood disorder care include:
Our Team-Based Hematology Oncology Care
Our expert team works together to give you the advanced care and personal attention you deserve. Along with blood cancer specialists, we have an army of healthcare professionals devoted to your health and wellbeing. Each plays an important role in helping you heal and thrive.
This experienced team includes:
- Transplant coordinators
- Specially trained nurse practitioners (NPs)
- Social workers
- Occupational and physical therapists
Our Blood Disorder and Blood Cancer Treatments
Your care team makes sure you have a clear understanding of each part of your treatment. Treatments include:
- Medications to treat your disease and help manage your symptoms
- Blood transfusions increase or maintain your blood supply when disease or treatment prevents your body from making enough blood. We also offer bloodless transplants for patients who are Jehovah's Witnesses.
- Immunotherapy uses your own immune system to kill cancer. Learn about immunotherapy.
- Chemotherapy and other drug therapies use drugs or chemicals to destroy or damage cancer cells. Learn more about chemotherapy.
- Radiation therapy uses radiation to damage cancer cells. Read more about radiation therapy.
- Autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplants rid the body of cancerous cells and replace them with healthy ones. Find out about bone marrow transplants.
- Supportive care medicine focuses on symptoms and quality of life improvement. Read about supportive care medicine.