If you are having a difficult time getting pregnant, you and your partner may be experiencing infertility. Infertility is one of the many fertility conditions we treat at Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center.
Infertility occurs in both men and women, and in many cases, it's treatable.
Impact of Infertility
Infertility can feel devastating to individuals, couples and their support systems. For many, having a child is the ultimate goal and what they want most.
Unfortunately, many individuals and couples who experience infertility suffer in silence.
In fact, the CDC reports that 1 in 8 women aged 15-44 years in the United States have difficulty getting pregnant or carrying a pregnancy to term.
You don’t have to go through infertility alone. At Cedars-Sinai, our fertility and reproductive medicine team includes board-certified OB-GYNs who are leading experts in fertility and infertility. We offer the latest fertility treatment options for individuals and couples who are trying to conceive.
When to Seek Help for Infertility
You may be experiencing infertility if you or your partner:
- Is younger than 35 and has been trying to conceive for at least one year
- Is at least 35 years old and has been trying to conceive for at least six months
If you think you or your partner might be experiencing infertility or have questions about infertility, it's best to speak to an OB-GYN or your primary doctor. Connect with one of our fertility specialists.
Our Infertility Care
At the Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center, we take a patient-centered approach to fertility care. We offer:
- Compassionate and expert care: As board-certified reproductive endocrinologists, our fertility specialists have advanced training in diagnosing and treating fertility conditions. One of the hallmarks of our specialists is their tireless pursuit toward making your dream of becoming a parent a reality. At Cedars-Sinai, we believe that combining expertise with compassion leads to breakthroughs, making the seemingly impossible possible.
- Team approach: We work closely with other Cedars-Sinai specialists to form a team of experts dedicated to delivering patient-centered care. We come together, arm in arm, to surround you with the most complete and effective infertility care. Your team members may include:
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists, who care for women who are experiencing a high-risk or complicated pregnancy
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgeons, who perform surgery for noncancerous women’s health conditions through small incisions. Find out more about minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
- Advanced diagnosis: We're committed to offering leading-edge imaging technology for faster, more accurate diagnoses and more timely and precise treatments. Our Andrology/Infertility and Endocrine Laboratory provides the latest diagnostic equipment. We also offer advanced imaging services at the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center.