The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center offers a new and advanced type of computed tomography for musculoskeletal exams of the extremities, called Extremity CT.
Benefits of Extremity CT
- Option for either weight-bearing or non-weight bearing CT imaging of the lower extremities.
- Metal artifact reduction.
- Accurate, high-resolution, three-dimensional images allowing physicians to see all parts of a patient’s joint in detail.
- The compact, rotating and open design of the machine improves patient comfort.
- Patients with range-of-motion difficulties can be imaged comfortably.
- Reduced radiation dose over traditional CT.
Above: Wrist before (left) and after (right) metal artifact reduction.
What Can Be Imaged?
Dedicated Musculoskeletal Physicians
All of our musculoskeletal exams (MSK) are interpreted by subspecialized imaging physicians fellowship-trained in MSK imaging. Their training and experience with these exams gives them a high level of expertise.
This exam requires a physician’s referral. Call 310-423-8000, option 1, to schedule.The ordering physician will receive the report to review with the patient.