Most Ultrasound scans do not require any preparations.
For information on specific studies, click on the links listed below to find detailed descriptions of our most common ultrasound procedures.
Please follow this link to see a video about our ultrasound exams. Some of the video is only for patients staying in the hospital. But much of it will be helpful to those who just come to our imaging center for this exam.
- Abdominal with Doppler
- Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound
- Hysterosalpingogram (preparation information on general ultrasound page)
- Paracentesis (ultrasound-guided) (preparation information on image-guided page)
- Prostate (also transrectal ultrasound)
- Renal (kidney)
- Thoracentesis (ultrasound guided) (preparation information on image-guided page)
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy (also called a needle-core biopsy)
- Ultrasound-guided liver biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided thyroid biopsy
Directions and Parking
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 310-423-8000.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake and West Hollywood.