Photoplethysmographic evaluation is used to evaluate circulation in your fingers or toes.
At the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center, we have a specialized team of physicians and technologists who are experts in ultrasound technology.
Before Your Exam
- There is no preparation for this exam and you may eat and drink. You may take your scheduled medications.
- If your doctor gave you an order, please bring it with you.
- Bring a magazine, book or music player to help you pass the time in case you have to wait.
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
- Directions and parking information.
During Your Exam
- You will be lying on the exam table on your back with your hands at your sides. The technologist will apply a warm gel on your arm and/or foot. A transducer or a small microphone will be used to examine your arteries.
- You will hear the sound of moving blood during the exam. Do not be alarmed, it is harmless. The exam will take approximately 60 minutes.
After Your Exam
- Your study will be read by a physician who will send the results to your doctor. Your doctor, who ordered the study, will explain the findings to you.
- If you have problems related to your procedure, please call 310-423-8000.
- If you would like to request a copy of your report, please call 310-423-8000, option 2 or submit an online request.