PET and PET/CT Contraindications
- PET is considered to be a safe exam with no known side effects.
- Patients may drive themselves home. PET scans are not recommended for women who may be pregnant, but can be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Extremely overweight patients might have difficulties accessing the scanner.
- If you have any questions, please call one of our specialists at (310) 423-4682.
- In rare cases, CT contrast can cause an allergic reaction. Patients with kidney disease are at higher risk when CT contrast is used.