PET Sarcoidosis Preparation for Non-Diabetics
36 hours before your test
Please write down all consumed products in a food journal and bring it with you to your test.
Follow a high-fat, high-protein diet. Make it simple:
- A piece of protein (e.g., egg, chicken, beef, fish, pork), salt and pepper to taste.
- Leafy vegetables only (e.g., lettuce, kale, cabbage, spinach). You may use olive oil as dressing.
- Black coffee or green tea
- Have boiled eggs on hand to snack on
Foods you CAN eat:
- Leafy-green vegetables (i.e., green salad), but only oil as dressing
- Cooking oils (i.e., olive oil)
- Unsweetened black/green tea or coffee
- Fatty, unsweetened, fried or broiled meats (use salt and pepper to season)
Foods you CANNOT eat:
- Market or restaurant-prepared foods
- Sugary foods:
- Fruit and fruit juices, citrus, etc.
- Smoothies or blended beverages
- Desserts: cookies, cake, etc.
- Seasonings which contain sugar
- Artificial sweeteners such as: Splenda, Equal, stevia, Sweet‘N Low
- “Sugar-free” products
- Breaded meats
- Bacon or sausage
- Dairy products: milk, cheese, butter, etc.
- Grain-heavy or starchy foods such as: bread, cereals, tortilla, rice, pasta, etc.
- Non-leafy-green vegetables: potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, celery, green beans, etc.
- Beans and legumes
Unpermitted medications include:
Glucose chewable tablets and any medications containing glucose or dextrose. Please advise your doctor you will need to go off these medications to have this test.
12 hours before your test
- No food
- Drink plenty of water until the scan is complete
- Take medications as usual