Prenatal Testing & Diagnosis
Mom and Baby's Health Before Birth
Whether your pregnancy is routine or falls into a high-risk category, Cedars-Sinai can provide the latest screenings to help monitor your health and track your baby's growth and development. The Prenatal Diagnostic Center is one of the nation's largest and most experienced providers of medical and genetic tests, and offers compassionate support for patients and their families. If an issue is discovered, you can begin counseling and treatment as soon as possible.
Candidates for Prenatal or Genetic Testing
Prenatal testing is recommended if any of these risk factors apply to you:
- You'll be 35 or older on your due date.
- You have a family history of genetic disorders or a close relative with a chromosomal abnormality, such as Down syndrome.
- You have a family history of open neural tube birth defects (such as spina bifida) or other kinds of birth defects.
- You've had two or more miscarriages or a history of infertility.
- You're expecting a multiple birth (twins, triplets, etc.).
Meet the Expert Team
If you need prenatal tests for medical or genetic conditions, you'll find the latest screening techniques and supportive counseling from maternal-fetal medicine specialists who are leaders in their field.