The Cedars-Sinai ophthalmology team provides the full range of medical and surgical care for eye and vision-related conditions.
Our Approach to General Ophthalmology
Helping you care for your vision is our priority. At Cedars-Sinai, you will find:
- Patient navigators: Our staff helps you schedule appointments with doctors and specialists and sends you reminders. We facilitate the process to make it as convenient as possible.
- Expert care: We always have skilled eye surgeons on call for emergency procedures. You're in experienced hands for all of your needs.
- Full range of procedures: We offer everything from general eye exams to complex thyroid eye disease surgery. You don't have to worry about seeking out specialists—you've already found them.
Eye and Vision Conditions We Test For
We examine your eyes and screen (or test) them for signs of eye diseases and conditions. Screening helps us detect problems early, so we can treat them with greater success.
Screening for eye problems typically involves an eye exam measuring how your eyes react to light, color and movement. We offer a comprehensive examination of your vision, which includes screenings for:
- General eye health
- Glaucoma, a condition where there is pressure on your optic nerve that can lead to vision loss
- Cataracts, when the eyes become cloudy, affecting vision
- Diabetic retinopathy, damage to blood vessels in the eye due to high sugar levels
Eye and Vision Procedures We Perform
We can correct many eye and vision problems with surgery:
- Cataracts: We remove the clouded lens and replace it with a clear, artificial lens.
- Glaucoma: Depending on the severity of the condition, we use either a laser or a small incision to relieve pressure in the eye.
- Impaired vision: We use a laser to reshape your cornea and improve your eyesight.
- Retinal detachment: We have expertise in a variety of techniques to reattach the retina and restore your vision.
- Corneal disease: We may perform a corneal transplant to improve your vision.
- Macular degeneration: We use a combination of anti-angiogenic medicine and laser surgery to stop excess blood vessels from clouding your vision.