Elbow Conditions & Treatment
An elbow injury, such as tennis elbow or cubital tunnel syndrome, can limit arm function and affect your quality of life. We provide the experts, technology and treatments you need to recover fast and live with less pain.
Our Approach to Elbow Pain
Our elbow specialists meet regularly with our entire orthopaedic team to discuss patients. We collaborate on your care, leading to better outcomes. You can also expect:
- Elbow expertise: Our elbow surgeons specialize in a wide range of effective elbow treatments. They use their skill and expertise to reduce your pain and get you back to life on your terms.
- Care from doctors who treat the pros: Our doctors are the orthopaedic specialists for the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers and the NFL's Los Angeles Rams. These professional athletes entrust their bodies and careers to us—and you can, too. Learn more about our sports medicine program.
- Revision surgery specialization: Sometimes, previous repairs to ligament injuries, such as bicep and tendon tears, fail. You may need a more complicated procedure to fix it. Our elbow surgeons specialize in revision repairs. We have the experience and skills to fix previous surgeries and provide great outcomes.
- Convenient locations: Patients and their families experience state-of-the-art operating rooms and equipment, along with comfortable, spacious waiting areas. See our orthopaedic locations throughout Los Angeles.
Elbow Conditions We Treat
Our elbow surgeons have completed the highest level of training in upper limb care. They use their knowledge and experience to care for the full range of elbow conditions, including:
- Biceps and triceps tears
- Dislocated elbow
- Elbow stiffness
- Humerus (upper arm) fractures
- Ligament instability and tears
- Nerve compression of the elbow
- Pitcher's injuries
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Golfer's elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Tendonitis and tenosynovitis
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
Our Elbow Treatments
Your treatment plan will be as unique as you are. Our doctors consider your lifestyle, work, hobbies and past treatments when planning your care. We can often eliminate pain and restore movement with nonsurgical techniques. These therapies include:
- Rest and modification to your activities
- Physical therapy
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Numbing or steroid injections
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections to help you heal faster and regrow tissue
Sometimes, you need surgery to properly heal. We offer many options to get you relief and restore arm function. These procedures include:
- Elbow instability procedures
- Emergency surgery for orthopaedic trauma
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction (Tommy John Surgery)
- Total elbow replacement
- Revision surgery
- Elbow reconstruction
We offer a wide range of treatments to help you get relief from arthritis pain. These treatments include effective nonsurgical methods as well as minimally invasive procedures, such as:
- Arthroscopic debridements
- Arthroscopic capsular releases
- Elbow arthroscopy
Doctors use tiny incisions and specialized instruments to clean up damaged tissue and restore your elbow's function.