RA Synovial Biopsy
Condition: Rheumatoid arthritis
Key Inclusion Criteria
- At least 18 years old
- Classification of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) by American College of Rheumatology and European League Against Rheumatism (ACR/EULAR) 2010 and/or 1987 criteria
- Evidence of ongoing RA-related disease activity with >2 swollen joints within 3 months of surgery
Key Exclusion Criteria
- History of other rheumatic diseases
- Any concomitant (associated) medical condition that places the patient at risk by participating in this study
- Unable or unwilling to comply with study and follow-up procedures
Full Study Name
Accelerating Medicines Partnership: Phase II RA Clinical Protocol (IRB no. 49205)
This study focuses on individuals who have developed active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with at least two actively inflamed (clinically tender and swollen) joints. Inflammation of the membrane surrounding the joints is a condition known as "synovitis." The study will examine tissue and blood from individuals with synovitis at various stages of disease. The purpose of the study is to better understand these stages in the course of disease progression and determine whether they are reflected in molecular and cellular signatures (identities) of tissues and blood.
Researchers will also compare genes and proteins in cells from inflamed tissue that may help to identify new targets for therapy, in addition to testing blood and tissue specimens for genetic markers associated with RA.