Liver Diseases & Transplant
Excellent healthcare is the cornerstone of the medical services provided at the Cedars-Sinai Liver Disease and Transplant Center in Southern California. For patients coping with the often-serious effects of organ problems our specialists deliver a high-level expertise in a caring environment.
Our staff includes a full contingent of professionals ready to serve patients needs—from arranging appointments with specialists and helping sort out insurance issues, to performing complex liver transplant surgeries and managing follow-up care. Working in concert on behalf of the patients under their care are:
- Immunologists and Virologists
- Pathology experts
- Surgeons specializing in liver transplantation
- Specially trained nurses
- Case management coordinators
- Support groups
Cedars-Sinai's research labs offer patients the opportunity to be first in line for the latest generation of medications and procedures.
For Patients—Liver Transplant
The Liver Disease and Transplant Center at Cedars-Sinai is dedicated to providing the highest level of care for those in need of liver replacement. Surgical excellence and futuristic innovation are the hallmarks of the Liver Disease and Transplant Center. Cedars-Sinai:
- Keeps up with the most current techniques and procedures available, which contributes to developing innovations adopted by other hospitals nationally and internationally
- Was one of the first facilities to perform partial-liver transplants
On an ongoing basis, Cedars-Sinai monitors and reports on the quality of care given to patients. Cedars-Sinai regularly reports its statistics regarding liver transplant survival rates.
We offer a complete spectrum of state-of-the-art procedures for liver transplantation, including:
- Deceased-donated liver transplantation (liver of a recently deceased individual replaces the patient's failed liver)
- Opportunities to participate in state-of-the-art clinical trials