Meet Our Trauma Expert Team
The urgency, complexity and severity of trauma require a multidisciplinary approach to completely and effectively care for patients who have suffered a traumatic injury.
Under the leadership of Daniel R. Margulies, MD, FACS, Trauma Medical Director, the Trauma Program draws from the full range of disciplines and specialties available at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
A Team of Dynamic Support
The complexity of trauma requires surgical leadership. Trauma is a surgical disease and also requires a special team approach. The Trauma Program uses the knowledge and skill of a wide spectrum of specialists to provide complete care for both adult and pediatric patients.
- Cardiac and thoracic surgeons
- Emergency medicine physicians
- Eye surgeons
- Gastrointestinal surgeons and specialists
- Gynecological surgeons and obstetricians
- Hand surgeons
- Infectious disease specialists
- Internal medicine physicians
- Laboratory and blood bank technicians
- Mouth, face and jaw surgeons
- Orthopaedic trauma surgeons
- Pediatric surgeons, critical care physicians and nurses
- Plastic surgeons
- Psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers
- Radiological technologists
- Respiratory therapists
- Surgical critical care physicians and nurses
- Trauma and general surgeons
- Trauma nurses
- Urological surgeons
- Vascular surgeons
The team is lead by our trauma surgeons and draws from all of the disciplines that contribute to the understanding and treatment of the trauma patient. This multidisciplinary team comprises the full spectrum of diagnosis and treatment approaches that span the continuum of care from injury prevention through to rehabilitation.
The Trauma Program at Cedars-Sinai is guided by the following team of experts.
- Heidi Hotz, RN, Trauma Program Manager, Department of Surgery
- Brandy Wyatt, RN, Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator
- Brett Dodd, RN, Trauma Education and Injury Prevention Outreach Coordinator
- Denise Gere, RN, Trauma Registrar
- Jackie Moses-Hardy, RN, Trauma Registrar
- Mario Trizzino, Trauma Registrar
- Barbara Rosette, Trauma Administration
Many of the physicians who have medical staff privileges to practice medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center are independent physicians, and not employees or agents of the hospital. These independent physicians bill separately for their services. You should contact your physician to determine their status and billing practices.