Bairey Merz Lab
I have a broad background in cardiovascular prevention, with specific training and expertise in key research areas. As a professor of medicine at Cedars-Sinai and UCLA, I have carried out preventive, advanced imaging and surrogate outcome clinical trial protocols. As Principal Investigator (PI) of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute-sponsored Women's Ischemia Syndrome Evaluation—WISE—I have a translational approach to the use of advanced cardiovascular imaging for the study of cardiovascular disease."
- Women’s Ischemia Syndrome Evaluation (WISE) Coronary Vascular Dysfunction
- Treatment with Ranolazine in Microvascular Coronary Dysfunction (MCD): Impact on Angina and Myocardial Ischemia
- A Noninvasive Index of the Detrimental Cardiopulmonary Effects of Secondhand Smoke
- Cardiac Autonomic Function In Women with Microvascular Coronary Dysfunction (MCD)
- Is Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency Associated with Resolution of Statin-Induced Muscular Symptoms?
- Estrogen Deficiency and Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) in Premenopausal Women
CREWHS: Call for Applications
The Center for Research in Women’s Health and Sex Differences (CREWHS) is calling for investigators to submit their research on women’s health or sex differences. Two winners will be chosen and receive $30,000 direct cost funding for a year. Winners will also present their research at the 2nd Annual CREWHS Symposium on Tuesday, June 23, 2020.
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the scientists, faculty members, investigators and other healthcare professionals of the Bairey Merz Laboratory, whose dedicated efforts lead to groundbreaking discoveries.
Birkeland K, Khandwalla RM, Kedan I, Shufelt CL, Mehta PK, Minissian MB, Wei J, Handberg EM, Thomson LE, Berman DS, Petersen JW, Anderson RD, Cook-Wiens G, Pepine CJ, Bairey Merz CN.
JMIR Res Protoc. 2017 Dec 20;6(12):e255.
Kenkre TS, Malhotra P, Johnson BD, Handberg EM, Thompson DV, Marroquin OC, Rogers WJ, Pepine CJ, Bairey Merz CN, Kelsey SF.
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2017 Dec;10(12):e003863.
Eastwood JA, Taylor DA, Johnson BD, Resende M, Sharaf BL, Ahmed B, Minissian M, Shufelt C, Bairey Merz CN.
Med Hypotheses. 2017 Nov;109:38-41.