Main research objectives include:
- Novel quantitative methods for image analysis
- Automated extraction of imaging biomarkers and validation
- Improve identification of patients at risk of disease and adverse outcomes
- Improve the accuracy of diagnostic tests
- Improve patient outcomes and patient management
Our current research focus includes:
- Measurement of epicardial and thoracic fat (QFAT software) from non-contrast CT. We have shown epicardial fat measured by this clinical research tool to be associated with coronary atherosclerosis, coronary calcium progression, major adverse cardiovascular events and myocardial ischemia.
- Standardized measurement and characterization of coronary plaque from coronary CT angiography (AutoPlaque software). We have shown low-attenuation noncalcified plaque quantified from coronary CT angiography predicts ischemia and future adverse cardiac events.